NK LiNK For Windows
This version of LiNK for the Microsoft Windows platform truly represents our first step in the planned development of the LiNK environment. We are asking you to download it, start using it, and most importantly, help us prioritize our ongoing development by telling us what features and capabilities you most want us to add.
Note: LiNK is currently compatible with Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. Mac Users: Select LiNK for OS X
Join the discussion on our "Get More SpeedCoach" Facebook Group!
What can you do with LiNK for Windows?
- Wirelessly transfer 'just go' and workout interval data to PC for viewing and storage.
- Export data to charting and analysis programs, such as Excel, via CSV.
- Export data to FIT file format to enable transfer to third-party websites, such as Endomondo, Strava and any FIT-compatible site. These sites enable you to view your workout or race on detailed maps, share your results with friends or coaches, and even compare your results with others.
To view sample "Just Go" and Workout data files please see below:
- Rowing "Just Go" files - Download Just Go files
- Rowing Workout files - Download NK Rowing Workout files
- SUP "Just Go" files - Download SUP Just Go files
- SUP Workout files - Download NK SUP Workout files
Please note: FIT files need to be opened through a third-party sites such as Endomondo or Strava.
Latest Firmware Update:
Information on past firmware updates.
Please note: For up to date firmware you only need to install the most recent firmware update.
SpeedCoach Firmware Update (Version 2.13) - 02.17.17
PLEASE NOTE: There is a known bug when updating to firmware version 2.13. - In SUP and OC units, the heart rate pairing menu is may become disabled, with no work-around. After updating to version 2.13, heart rate sensors may no longer be able to be paired. - In GPS units, the heart rate pairing menu can become disabled. As a work-around, go to the oarlock pairing menu item and select GO (even if not in range of an oarlock). This will enable the pairing menu item on the heart rate menu. We are working on a fix to this bug. Please check back soon for updated firmware. If you have experienced this issue, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and they can send you a file to revert back to the older firmware for the time being.
To view what the most current and past firmware updates change, please go to our SpeedCoach Firmware Change Log
Updated code base to add EMPOWER OARLOCK compatibility.
Steps for updating your SpeedCoach unit:
- Download LiNK version 1.29.
- Open LiNK version 1.29 and click the "Help" tab. Select "Update Your SpeedCoach" and click on the URL listed in Step 1.
- Run/install the executable file to load the new firmware files to your computer.
- Set the SpeedCoach unit in "Data LiNK Mode." Once in Data LiNK mode, your unit will appear in the LiNK application. Select your unit and you will be notified that a new update is available. Click "Yes" to update.
For a visual of these steps, see below.
We have created in-depth videos to walk you through each step required to install LiNK, install the wireless data transfer dongle, update your SpeedCoach, and begin using LiNK. We strongly recommend you watch all five of these videos before beginning the process!
1. How to Install LiNK For Windows:
2. How to Install your Bluegiga Bluetooth Dongle:
3. How to Update your SpeedCoach GPS Firmware:
4. How to Wirelessly Transfer SpeedCoach Data to your PC:
5. How to Export your SpeedCoach Data to FIT file format for uploading to to 3rd party training sites:
6. How to UPGRADE your SpeedCoach GPS Model 2 (For customers who have a SpeedCoach GPS Model 2 WITHOUT Training Pack and are upgrading to the "Training Pack" version)