FREE US SHIPPING on all Kestrel products and accessories!
Kestrel 5400AG Cattle Heat Stress Tracker with LiNK + Vane Mount Overview
The Kestrel 5400 Cattle Heat Stress Tracker offers micro-climate measurement and monitoring at the pen or yard location. Contains a built-in Globe Temperature sensor and complete cattle-specific calculations. Measure THI and HLI and track AHLU based on easy-to-input herd and pen parameters. Perform spot checks or mount in place with the included vane mount accessory to track AHLU for months. LiNK capability allows remote access to current and logged data from your iOS or Android mobile device. Mount a mobile data equipped tablet nearby to send mobile alerts even when you’re not on-site. Designed by Kestrel with input from some of the world’s most respected experts in cattle heat stress, the Kestrel 5400 Cattle Heat Stress Tracker is designed to help you MEASURE and MANAGE your herd’s heat stress, ensuring you MAXIMIZE your bottom line.
- Heat Load Index (HLI), Temperature-Humidity Index (THI), Accumulated Heat Load Units (AHLU), Wet Bulb Globe Temperature (WBGT), heat index, Delta T, temperature, humidity and much more. 21 measurements in all!
- Complete weather station capabilities with a comprehensive suite of weather measurements including wind speed, direction, pressure trend, temperature and humidity.
- Durable, portable, and easy to use data logger with customizable category settings, graphing and measurement statistics.
- Large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display is perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight and is backlit for use in low-light conditions.
- LiNK connectivity powered by Bluetooth LE® provides wireless communication to mobile devices and computers.
- Rugged (drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards), dust and waterproof (sealed to IP67 standards).
- Included Kestrel Vane Mount easily attaches to fencing.
- Protective pouch, neck lanyard and Lithium AA battery included.
- 5-year warranty.
Visit the Cattle Heat Stress Minisite for a more detailed look at this breakthrough tool.
- Accumulated Heat Load Units (AHLU)
- Barometric Pressure
- Delta T
- Density Altitude
- Dew Point Temperature
- Globe Temperature
- Heat Load Index (HLI)
- Heat Stress Index
- Naturally Aspirated Wet Bulb Temperature
- Relative Humidity
- Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure)
- Temperature-Humidity Index (THI)
- Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric)
- Wet Bulb Globe Temperature (WBGT)
- Wind Chill
- Wind Direction (Cardinal Points, Degrees)
- Wind Speed
- Cow-Calf Operators
- Backgrounding Operations
- Dairy Producers
- Livestock Nutritionists
- Transportation Providers
Works with Compatible Apps:
Kestrel LiNK for Windows and Mac
Simple communication to Windows and Mac computers is provided through the optional LiNK .USB Dongle or USB Data Transfer Cable. Download your data to view, analyze and archive. Enables firmware update of Kestrel 5 series meters.
Kestrel LiNK for iOS & Android
Wirelessly connect with iOS and Android devices. When in range, view real-time measurements, receive on-screen alerts and download your data. Logged data can be viewed, analyzed, archived and shared via e-mail, Facebook and Twitter. Enables firmware update of Kestrel 5 series meters. NOTE: Range up to 100’ line of sight – reduced by walls and obstructions.
Models & SKUs:
- Kestrel 5400 Cattle Heat Stress Tracker: 0854AGLVCHVG
- Kestrel Vane Mount
- Neck Lanyard
- AA Lithium Battery (Approximate Life 400 Hours)
- Protective Drawstring Pouch
- Certificate of Conformity (with complete specifications)
- Measures THI and HLI and track AHLU
- Instruction Manual
- Five Year Warranty
- User Manual for the Kestrel 5400AG Cattle Heat Stress Tracker
Compare All Livestock and Agriculture Models
|Measurements||DROP D2AG $99||5000AG $269||5500AG $319||5400AG $699|
|Heat Stress Index||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Temperature-Humidity Index (THI)||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Dew Point Temp.||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Wind Speed/Air Speed||yes||yes||yes|
|Wet Bulb Temp. (Psychrometric)||yes||yes||yes|
|Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure)||yes||yes||yes|
|Volume Air Flow||yes||yes|
|Crosswind / Headwind / Tailwind||yes||yes|
|Naturally Aspirated Wet Bulb Temp.||yes|
|Wet Bulb Globe Temp. (WBGT)||yes|
|Heat Load Index (HLI)||yes|
|Accumulated Heat Load Units (AHLU)||yes|
Certificate of Conformity (with complete specifications)
Link to Kestrel 5400 Livestock Heat Stress Tracker User Guide, available 04/30/2017
Select this link for in depth information regarding Cattle Heat Stress
You have no items in your shopping cart.
The Kestrel Design Difference
We are continuously dedicated to researching ways to improve the Kestrel line and create new products to meet our customers' needs. Learn How
Nielsen-Kellerman Company designs, manufactures and distributes rugged, waterproof environmental and sports performance instruments for active lifestyles and technical applications. Learn More
Register Your Products
Register your product to receive special offers and maintenance.
Browse our collection of weather resources and mobile applications.
For International Orders, Find Your Dealer